Sakatah Bay Resort Motel is open year around!
In the winter, enjoy ice fishing, snow mobiling, cross
country skiing, snowshoeing or ice skating right outside your door!
Click here to view pictures in the
Why we love Winter at the Sakatah Bay Resort...
- Trees glisten and shine as the sun reflects off the
frozen lakes and a blanket of white fluffy snow falls all around.
- The bluejays and chickadees brave the cold along with
the many types of woodpeckers.
- In areas of open water look for the mallards and
canada geese and even a few trumpeter swans.
- The bald eagle soars above or you may catch him on
the ice around the open water looking for his next meal.
- Ice Fishing houses and portables soon make their way
onto the lakes.
- Winter fishing brings smiles to the fisherman and a
hot and tasty meal.
- Cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiles
use the trail while ice skaters clear a spot on the lake.
- ATV's and snowmobiles are also spotted on the lakes
when the ice gets thick enough.
- Shopping, dining, bowling and movie theaters are good
- Waterville Holiday Open House - 1st Saturday in
December (shopping specials, horse drawn rides, picture with Santa).
- Sakatah State Park Moonlight Ski - January
- Lake Francis Ice Fishing Contest - February